Monday, February 27, 2012

Silk Mill Rerun App 6x6

Bathroom Sink        Capture: 6x6 Processed: Snapseed: PerfectPhoto
This past weekend I joined a group of photographers on Sunday to do some shooting in the old Lonaconing Silk Mill in Western, Maryland. I made several images with the Nikon and then started making iPhone shots. I was having a great time working in the mill with the shooting app 6x6 making exposure decisions with the retical. 6x6 has as a part of the application the ability to select areas in the image for exposure and focus. I love this app for its square format and exposure control. The mill has very dark and bright areas, normally an HDR shooting venue, but I challenged myself to find images using only one shot on the iPhone, adjusting the placement of the exposure retical for the exposure I liked. If you live in Maryland I hope you can join me at Horizons Photography Workshops in Chesapeake City for my iPhone photography workshops on March 10 or June 9.
Tool and Hardware         Capture 6x6: Processed: Snapseed: ScratchCam: PerfectPhoto
Machine Brush     Capture 6x6: Processed: Noir

Warehouse Shadows     Capture 6x6 Processed: Noir

The Open Door      Capture: 6x6 Processed: Noir

any question? enter your email below and I will help you