Friday, September 18, 2015

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag-- from Kensington


I bought this Kensington Contour Roller bag in January 2006 to carry my laptop (at the time, a PowerBook G4 15 inch), and some CDs, and a bunch of floppy disks(!). It had pockets all over the place, so I also put in some pens, some business cards, some cables, and a bunch of other stuff. It was a fantastic bag and I used it every day in my travels to customer locations. The collapsable handle has been really handy, especially in airports.

Five and a half years later, the stitching on one of the handles is starting to come loose. Turns out that the bag has a limited lifetime warranty, and when I contacted Kensington about it they shipped me a new bag, free of charge, no questions asked. Incredible. The new bag is here now, ready to go into service tomorrow. I was willing to buy another ($99 list, less than that at Amazon) because I felt I'd gotten my money's worth but wow, they replaced it for free! I could hardly believe it.

I love the bag, but I especially love the customer service. Way to go, Kensington. "I feel good."

Here's a link to Kensington's site, with more info about the bag. (Their link to "Buy from online retail partners" doesn't get you a very good price though-- use this link instead.)

any question? enter your email below and I will help you